Welcome to the Madness of a Stay at home mom, Raising kids in the Country and Trying to survive the loss of a Baby.

Monday, July 24, 2006

HELP! How do I Lower My Grocery Bill?

I am So used to spending around $100.00 a week on groceries. And now that Billys hours have been cut there is NO way I can keep spending that much. NONE!
Today I went and bought groceries since we were out of about everything due to camping. I went to a store called Aldi. If you're not familier with it it's a store that is a Lot cheaper then most stores. I spent $47.00 there and then went to a regular grocery to get the things I needed there. Like my Gain and fruity pebbles for sam lol. I spent $26.00 or so there. That still seems like so much money! I'm trying so hard. Aldi doesn't take coupons as it's a "Knock off" kinda store. Canned veggies are 34 cents, Milk is a Lot cheaper then Walmart etc.. but some of their stuff is not as good as regular grocery. I don't know What to do to lower my grocery bill. I know it'll go down some when the kids are in school because now i'm buying ham and other lunch stuff. But I need to figure something out Now! I need to figure out how i'm going to pay bills And buy groceries on about $180.00 a WEEK! God help me. Anyone have any ideas?

3 Comments:

Blogger Veggiemomx4 said...

I do aldis as well, along with Walmart for some things and then meijer for some and then I go to Kroger for the 10 for 10 i have to hit all those places just to be able to afford to eat. why am I not skinny?
I say the first thing is to cut out the snack foods have them eat fruits and veggies they last longer in their bellies and are better for them. make everthing you can from scratch so much Cheaper. Plan plan and plan somemore on your menue for the week and stick to it. it really works

12:34 PM

 
Blogger Shelly said...

Thanks sweetie. It helps so much.

1:27 PM

 
Blogger Elaina said...

Make what you can from scratch. Also dry foods like rice and beans are really cheap, apply for WIC. They will also give you, at least here, vouchers for the local farmers market so you can get some great fresh produce.

3:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home