Welcome to the Madness of a Stay at home mom, Raising kids in the Country and Trying to survive the loss of a Baby.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Yikes! My Diabetes Risk.

Diabetes Risk Test Results
Scoring:
0 - 2
Very Low Risk
3 - 9
Low to Medium Risk
10+
High Risk
You have scored 11 points . You are at high risk for having type 2 diabetes. Only your health care provider can determine if you have diabetes. At your next office visit, find out for sure.
You can reduce your risk for diabetes by:
Keeping your weight in control (or losing weight if you are overweight)
Staying active most days of the week
Eating low fat meals high in fruits, vegetables and whole grain foods
For more information, call 1-800-DIABETES (1-800-342-2383) Monday through Friday, 9 am – 8 pm (EST)

Ok This Does worry me. My Grandfather has type 2 diabetes. He found out he had it late in life like a lot of people. I also have Great grandparents on my fathers side that had diabetes. Also Great-great Aunts on that side that had it. Type 1! I had my blood sugar tested right after we lost the baby because they kept checking my blood sugar in the ICU and giving me insulin. But they said taht my blood sugar was fine. I have been having some things that worry me. Light headiness, Eye problems, and I keep getting Shakey when I don't eat. This freaks me out! I pray I don't have diabetes

1 Comments:

Blogger Veggiemomx4 said...

Chad has this, its not a good thing take care of yourself. I would like to have you as my friend here on earth when we are 80!

11:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home