Welcome to the Madness of a Stay at home mom, Raising kids in the Country and Trying to survive the loss of a Baby.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

worried about Sam

Tonight Sam is having a very bad night. He's worrying. A Lot. He's worrying about me dying. He's worrying about what would happen if someone came in our house and took me Billy and shelbie. He's worrying about what would happen tohim if me and Billy died. He's soo full of worries. I don't know what to do to help him. I'm lost here! I keep trying so hard to reassure him that i'm healthy and i'm Fine and that his Daddy and shelbie are fine. How do I get through to him. He and shelbie were up at my parents yesterday playing with my niece and nephew and Sam got scared and started crying because he couldnt' find shelbie. She had gone into the house. He was so scared that she was lost. I don't know Where this comes from. Neither he nor shelbie have ever been lost. I don't know what to do to help him and i'm so scared. I need to call melissa his therapist and talk to her about this. I Pray God Please help him. Please God take his worrys and put them on me. Please

5 Comments:

Blogger Veggiemomx4 said...

praying for him...

7:40 AM

 
Blogger Earthchild618 said...

This is actually normal. I can't remember which one of us kids went thru this but someone did.

The best you can do for him (IMO) is to talk to him about his worries. But don't lie to him. Yes, everyone dies. Yes, people are left behind when their loved ones die. BUT, the doctor said that Mommy, Daddy, Shelbie, etc, are all healthy and that they don't expect us to die anytime soon.

Did one of his friends parents get divorced recently? You can talk to him about that too. Yeah, it happens but mommy and daddy love each other and divorce doesn't mean that parents divorce kids, etc.

This is a tough one. It is very scary for kids to deal with this.

Keep me updated hon.

8:08 AM

 
Blogger Shelly said...

Thanks so much Girls! It's so great having you both to vent to!

3:47 PM

 
Blogger Michelle said...

Did you talk w/Melissa? It really is a difficult thing to talk about especially considering what you went through. All you can do is reassure him & let him know that you're not going anywhere anytime soon. Praying for you guys!

1:42 PM

 
Blogger Shelly said...

Thanks so much Michelle

3:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home