Welcome to the Madness of a Stay at home mom, Raising kids in the Country and Trying to survive the loss of a Baby.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Grandpas Funeral

His Funeral was today. I have to say that right now i'm emotionally and physically exhausted. Billy had to work today but he took off at noon to go with me. My grandpa was as much His grandpa because Billys grandpas both died when Billy was very young. They had a lot in common. It was a Beautiful service. We got there at 1:30 and Thank God we did. The section where the family sat was Full! I'll admit I was a bit irritated that I couldn't sit with my "FAmily" but the funeral director made a special place in the front pews just for family. Billy and I got to sit with my Cousin Sarah and her DH. I'm Glad. Sarah used to be my very bestest friend. I couldn't believe how many people were there. they said that there was about 400! Grandpa touched so many lives. So many people. It amazed me. After that service we all went to the Cemetary. He was buried where Billy and I mow so I'm So glad it looked nice and neat. I was crying a bit but I started bawling when we drove up to the Cemetary and I saw Men in Milatary uniforms. My Grandpa had been in WW2 and was MIA/POW at one time during the war. he had milatary honors. After the preacher said his peace the soldiers folded the flag and gave it to my grandmother. Then they played Taps. OMG! Talk about not a dry eye anywhere. It was such a hard hard day. But I know that my Grandpa is at peace with God. And that makes all the differance in the world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Earthchild618 said...

It is amazing how loved he was by so many people! {{hugs}}

4:25 AM

 
Blogger Veggiemomx4 said...

I am not surprised at how many people came tohonor your grandpa, knowing what kind of person YOU are. Your family makes great people. I pray that many people have found their ways to christ through him

8:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home