Welcome to the Madness of a Stay at home mom, Raising kids in the Country and Trying to survive the loss of a Baby.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Stupid things Parents do!

We found out from Sam and shelbie yesterday that my Dad had a Gun under his bed!
Thank God my kids know enough about Guns to Never touch one. we have guns but they are Locked away and the kids can not get to them. My Dad has a gun cabinet but this gun apparently was not in it!
So when I took the kids out to my parents last night I asked my Dad about it.
Sure enough it was there! Barely under the bed. He couldn't even remember Why it was there!! So I asked him to put it away. He was slow doing it so I went and did it!
I got it from under the bed and it was a Pump action 22! My Dad came in then and took the gun from me. IT WAS LOADED!!!!!!!
My Dad who is Sooo Protective of my kids and my niece and nephew left a LOADED Gun under his bed where then his grand kids Found it. I was SO mad! I told him "Good God Dad! You left a Loaded gun where your grand kids could find it!" His defense was that it had the safety on!
Ummmm how long would it take for the kids to take care of that?!!
He put it away but now I know that I am just not going to feel that my kids are as safe there as I thought they were :( That makes me so Sad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home